DDF News — 25 Feb 2020
OPEN CALL: DDF and Liz Roche Company announces Creative Audiences
Dublin Dance Festival and Liz Roche Company would like to invite you to become a member of their Creative Audiences group.
Between March and May the group will meet for a series of creative events allowing for a deeper engagement with the work of Liz Roche Company and Dublin Dance Festival. Events will include workshops, talks, rehearsals and performances.
This fantastic opportunity gives insight into the company’s creative process on their recent work The Here Trio, as well as connecting the group to other amazing contemporary dance pieces at this year's festival. No previous dance or movement experience is required, though those with dance experience are welcome too! Workshops will create opportunities to explore key themes in the work including memory, empathy, what it is to be “here”, and relationships between politics and psychology on this island and beyond.
The programme creates opportunities for discourse, as well as for responding creatively to the work. All we are asking for is your commitment to the group and your openness to respond creatively to the dance experiences on offer.
CREATIVE AUDIENCES is facilitated by Jenny Macdonald and Liz Roche with members of Liz Roche Company.
Participation is free of charge.
To join Creative Audiences, please fill out this sign up form http://bit.ly/CreativeAudiencesForm.
Deadline: Monday 16 March
- 19 March, 7pm-9pm: First Meet & Greet (Studio 2, The Lab, Foley Street)
- 30 March, 7pm-9pm: First Workshop (Studio 2, The Lab, Foley Street)
- 15 April, 7pm-9pm: Second Workshop (Studio 1, The Lab, Foley Street)
- 26 April: On-stage workshop with LRC dancers at Samuel Beckett Theatre (12.30pm) + attend performance The Here Trio by Liz Roche (3pm)
- 13 May, 7pm-9pm: Meeting – Creative Responses (Studio 2, The Lab, Foley Street)
- 19-30 May: Attend one performance out of a choice of 3 at Dublin Dance Festival 2020
- 31 May: Presentation of CREATIVE AUDIENCES responses at Modes of Capture Symposium